The VPSN was started as a grassroots collective in the spring of 2006. In 2008 it was registered as a non-profit under the BC Societies Act. The VPSN currently has approximately 2000 members and supporters – including planners, architects, designers, artists, activists, flaneurs, scholars, students, urban enthusiasts and a wide spectrum of people in between.
As an advocacy organization, the VPSN works to champion the importance of public space to the overall liveability of the city. Our efforts are wide-reaching and our organization is structured around eight key portfolios and project areas. Our work attempts to provide a blend of focused research and design work, creative community engagement and, a celebratory, solutions-based approach.
We are an all volunteer initiative that is always looking to connect with like-minded individuals and groups. If you public space issues are important to you, consider supporting our work:
• Sign up to receive one monthly email with public space news (or use the sign-up panel on the main page)
• Join one of our Working Groups, or attend one of our regular monthly meetings
• Volunteer on one of our many awesome projects
• Make a donation to help us with our project costs
For all other information, drop us a line:
• General information – info [at] vancouverpublicspace.ca