Halloween SkyTrain Party
Ladies and gentleman, get your make-up ready. The annual Halloween SkyTrain Party returns for its ninth annual installment TODAY, Friday, October 31, 2013.
Gather your friends, get your scariest and sassiest costumes together, and get ready to jump on the Canada Line for public transit experience like no other. Your job: help us to transform a regular ol’ train ride to Richmond into a bit of ghoulish magic!
The important stuff you need to know:
- Meet on the train platform at Waterfront Station. We will be leaving shortly after 8:00pm, so don’t be late.
- Your price of admission? A $2.75 transit ticket, or your U-pass. ( Kids, high school students and 65+ = $1.75). This event is all about celebrating transit, so please remember to buy a transit ticket. | Fare Details
- TransLink has asked us to pass this along: racing between trains at stops can be a real safety issue, so please try to respect that. (Actually, in general, be cool, ’cause we DO want to make sure we’re able to keep throwing these parties well into the future!)
- We’ll be making stops at every station between Waterfront and Richmond Brighouse. We’ll also be picking up people along the way who will probably have no idea what’s going on. Please be your hospital Halloween best and invite them in to join in the fun.
- If you see one of the Canada Line staff crew, or TransLink officer, please give ‘em a high five. These fine folks do a lot to make sure that this event runs smoothly. We’re grateful for that.
- The arfter-party: Once we return to Waterfront Station, we will doing a quick-shift of venues and moving the party one-block south to a covered public space.
Tonight’s evening of transit terror includes:
- On-deck action and a spankingly awesome soundtrack courtesy of the awesome DJ Rocky Fi$her – Soundcloud | Facebook
). (See below for more on the DJ).
- Snappy decorations, tasty treats
- The best-dressed crew of public space loving ghouls and goblins on the continent.
About the DJ:
Rocky Fisher is a DJ who does not play by the rules. Known for energetic DJ sets that feature grimy bass and highly intellectual melodic flow, Rocky mixes a range of genres into a symphonic sound. With an ear for technical precision, Rocky loves to create and innovate with a variety of sounds and styles.
First influenced by hip hop and DJs such as Premiere, Dr. Dre, Cut Chemist and more, as well as classic Motown, Soul, blues, funk and rock, Rocky later became influenced by house, electro, dubstep, trap and breaks artists such as Bryan Cox, Krafty Kuts, Z-Trip, Excision, Bassnectar, Tomsize and many, many more. Searching out new music, new sounds and unheard treasures are what make Rocky tick.
Rocky has played a variety of BC festivals including Sound Clash of the Titans 2011, Lemonade Stand stage at Sync Festival 2012, Alluvium 2013, Believe Freedom Festival 2013 and Alluvium Festival 2014. Rocky had residency at Epic Thursdays at Club 23 West and has opened for artists such as Slim Thug and 1-up, and played at many shows, clubs and events, including the infamous renegade Under the Bridge parties, the Vancouver Halloween Sky Train Party and Fame Festival Nights Vancouver 2014. Rocky currently enjoys residency for Any Given Sunday at the Astoria in Vancouver and besides playing local events and weeklies, is working on creating an art and music space to hold weekly DJ jam sessions and shows.