[UPDATED] – 10th Annual Halloween SkyTrain Party
It’s back! The 10th (yes, believe it!) annual Halloween SkyTrain Party.
Gather your public space, public transit loving friends, costume up in your wildest, sassiest, most-creative attire, and join us for a ghoulish ride on the crazy train!
In-flight entertainment courtesy will be provided by our resident DJ Rocky Fisher (bio below). Get set for epic EDM awesomeness as we travel south and across the border into deepest, darkest Richmond before returning to Waterfront Station.
And when the train rolls back back downtown to Terminus, we are offering members our very own version of Star-Alliance treatment with after-party magic. Follow us round the corner, across the street, and to the soon-to-be dismantled Seymour & Hastings Dome, where the DJ action will carry on.
The important stuff you need to know [UPDATED – PLEASE READ]:
- Meet on the Canada Line train platform at Waterfront Station. We will be leaving shortly after 8:00pm, so don’t be late.
- ProTrans (the company that runs the Canada Line) has told us that they will be getting people to queue up – like they did last year. They have also told us that they are unable to allow a long on-boading time (unlike previous years). What this means: Getting everyone on board at Waterfront is going to be a challenge, so don’t wait until 8pm to show up. If you want to get on the train, make sure you show up early, or better still…
- Pro-tip: If you are worried about the queue situation at Waterfront, consider joining us at City Centre, Yaletown, or one of the other stations on route. There will not be queues at these stations. If you use twitter, please follow us @vpsn – as we will be tweeting upcoming route stops
- Because we have very limited set-up time, we need your help: as you board the train, please make some space for our volunteer crew and DJ as they set-up. That way, we can get the party started without delay.
- Your price of admission? A $2.75 transit ticket, or your U-pass. ( Kids, high school students and 65+ = $1.75). This event is all about celebrating transit, so please remember to buy a transit ticket. | Fare details -www.translink.ca
- TransLink has asked us to pass this along: racing between trains at stops can be a real safety issue, so please try to respect that. (Actually, in general, be cool, ’cause we DO want to make sure we’re able to keep throwing these parties well into the future!)
- The train will stop at every station between Waterfront and Richmond Brighouse (and back), and picking up people along the way. These are your halloween party guests! Invite them in to join in the fun.
- If you see one of the Canada Line staff crew, or TransLink officer, please give ‘em a high five. These fine folks do a lot to make sure that this event runs smoothly. We’re grateful for that.
Once we return to Waterfront Station, we will doing a quick-shift of venues and moving the party one-block south to Seymour and Hastings. Join us! This public space is soon to be be demolished (sad!), and we want your help to liven it up one more time. Yay, weird dome space! We heart you (even if not many other people do).
Finally, please check this page leading up to the event in case there are updates to pass along!
About the DJ – Rocky Fi$her
For four years running, VPSN’s resident SkyTrain DJ Rocky Fi$her has been tearing up the transit party decks with the wildest mix old school flavour and new school groove. Rocky’s mixology is guaranteed to keep you jumping as she fuses together dnb, experimental trap, garage/jackin, bass, deep dubstep, glitch and more. Get ready for fresh sounds and danceable favourites on the 2015 SkyTrain event.
While not helping us with our transit party mayhem, Rocky Fi$her keeps the party going around town and at festivals across BC. She’s also resident DJ at the Ignite Bassment parties.