Featured Event – 2018 Halloween SkyTrain Party
All-aboard for the Halloween SkyTrain Party! Get yourself decked out in your ghoulish best, and join us for the best transit ride you will have all year!
Like previous years, the 12th Annual SkyTrain Party will see us travel to the outer reaches of the SkyTrain network – and your mind – with a thumping sound-system, decorations, and several hundred of your transit-loving friends.
Date and Location:
Waterfront Station to Richmond Brighouse (and back)
Friday, October 26
8:00pm – 9:30pm (approx)
Making it Work:
Unlike previous years, when we’ve been able to set up up in advance, we will all be boarding the train at the same time. We’ll need your help to make sure set up happens efficiently. Please be sure to make some space for the DJ and allow us to get equipment set up. We’ll aim to do this as quickly as we can.
We will wind the party down a few stops before Waterfront so people can get themselves ready for a smooth departure.
IMPORTANT – Things to think about:
The Halloween SkyTrain Party has been going strong since 2006 – largely because people attending have been mindful of a few key considerations:
(1) Play Fare. We want to celebrate transit, so make sure you bring your Compass Card U-pass or buy a ticket.
(2) Have fun, but be cool. No racing between trains at stops (this is a safety issue for Translink), so please respect that. Also, please DO NOT hold the doors.
(3) Smoking on the train – just don’t. It’s unfortunate that we actually have to say this, but no smokes, joints, vaping, whatever.
(4) Be a good host. The train will stop at every station along our route, picking up people along the way. These are your Halloween party guests! Invite them in to join in the fun.
(5) Share the gratitude. If you see one of the Canada Line staff crew, or TransLink officer, please give ‘em a high five. These fine folks do a lot to make sure that this event – and transit in general –
runs smoothly. We’re grateful for that.
(6) Help maintain the vibe. Let’s all look out for one another and keep a good thing going. If you see some who needs a hand with something, help ‘em out. And if you see someone horsing around in a way that runs contrary to the above – please ask ‘em to chill out, for everyone’s sake.
(7) Clear out any recycling and trash. We want to leave the SkyTrain looking better than we found it. Pack out what you pack in. Better still, pick up a piece of litter that isn’t yours and earn instant karma.
(8) Spread the word. Share the love. We’d love to see any cool photos or video that you might take. Please consider sending it our way at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you post to Facebook, Twitter and Instragram please tag us, or hashtag #HalloweenSkyTrain18
About the DJ:
Making her SkyTrain debut this year is rising star Solreia! Our talented DJ promises to deliver some Halloween SkyTrain-friendly EDM and other Halloween themed musical fun.
You may have seen Solreia spinning tracks at recent Public Disco activities around town; at this summer’s Monstercat Compound event; or in her live electronic performance project work with VSUVIUS at the Robson Square VanBubble. In addition to her many talents as a DJ, Solreia is also a music producer and singer song-writer, painting melodies with all the colours of the sound spectrum, and. Her first EP is set to drop in Spring 2019.
After Party Action – Rock off the Rails – 9:45pm @ Granville Square
Immediately after the Halloween SkyTrain returns to Waterfront Station, we invite you to join our friends at Party4Health as they unleash the official mobile after-party. Starting at Granville Square (200 Granville Street), this event will be taking things off the rails and through the streets of downtown. Look for energy-building, heart-pumping party activities including the Thriller Dance Flashmob, Long Soul Train, Spooky Mega Drop, and a Dark n’ Scary High-5 Tunnel – and lots of dancing! It’s a mobile event, so aim to be at the starting location at 9:45pm.