Water Sustainability and the City
The following event is being organized by the Canadian Freshwater Alliance.
Water Sustainability & the City is a forum that will bring together urban water professionals from across British Columbia in order to explore tools and strategies to address environmental and management challenges in urban watersheds.
The forum is open to councillors, planners, engineers, utility managers, biologists, hydrologists, environmental technicians and anyone else with an interest in embracing strategies to further sustainable watershed management in B.C. cities.
The forum will provide an opportunity to:
– Get updates about the rollout of B.C.’s new water legislation, the Water Sustainability Act (WSA);
– Learn about opportunities for how the WSA can be developed to support urban watershed sustainability;
– Take a tour of North Vancouver’s rain gardens;
– Engage in peer-to-peer learning with case studies and discussions of linking land-use planning with watershed outcomes, and convening multiple parties for local watershed governance.
Panels and presentations to include speakers from:
- B.C. Ministry of Environment
- Canadian Freshwater Alliance
- City of Coquitlam
- City of North Vancouver
- City of Surrey
- City of Victoria
- Fraser Basin Council
- Okanagan Basin Water Board
- Okanagan Nation Alliance
- POLIS Project on Ecological Governance
- West Coast Environmental Law
REGISTRATION IS FREE.*
But, spaces are limited, so please register to guarantee your spot.
*Registration is free thanks to funding from the Real Estate Foundation of British Columbia and the Bullitt Foundation.