UBC SCARP 10th Annual Symposium Conference
On March 16th, 2018, UBC’s School of Community and Regional Planning students will be hosting the 10th annual symposium – Encompass: Broadening the Scope of Planning.
Join us for a full day of discussion on planning issues related to this year’s theme, Encompass. Encompass is about embracing unexpected connections and taking planning in new directions. At the 10th annual SCARP Symposium we gather inspiration from diverse sources, finding fresh ideas by looking within – and beyond – the traditional boundaries of planning. Come prepared to challenge assumptions, connect innovative ideas, and broaden your scope of planning.
- When: Friday, March 16, 2018 from 8:00am – 7:00pm
- Where: The Great Hall, AMS Nest, 6133 University Boulevard, UBC
- Cost: General $105 | Students $45
- Registration: www.symposium.
- Contact: info.scarpsymposium@
We will hear from 3 Keynotes this year who will speak to their research, experiences and personal stories:
- Dr. Jacob A. Wagner, University of Missouri-Kansas City (UKMC)
- Lisa Helps, Mayor of Victoria.
- Jim Kew, Musqueam First Nation
There will also be engaged discussion around your areas of interested through our 9 dynamic, planning-related breakout sessions and workshops. More info at www.scarpsymposium.ca<http:
PIBC members are eligible for 6.75 CPL credits and can expect to interact with colleagues, students, and academics throughout the day.