Funding Opportunity (New West): Downtown New Westminster’s Public Space Activation grant program
After being postponed in 2020, Downtown New Westminster’s Public Space Activation grant program has been relaunched.
The Downtown New Westminster BIA, in partnership with the City of New Westminster, is inviting individuals, businesses and not for profits to submit proposals for unique and innovative activations in Downtown New West public spaces. A volunteer jury will choose 3 projects to support in 2021.
Deadline: March 8, 2021
Up to $2500 is available for each project, and funds can be used towards the costs of producing the activation (including materials, artist fees, insurance, marketing, equipment rental, and supplies). The Downtown New West BIA will also provide promotional support, and guidance in acquiring necessary permits with the City of New Westminster.
- Activations can include dance, music, art, technology, or something altogether different; however, it MUST be safe, welcoming and inclusive to everyone.
- Activations could be a single day, recurring pop-ups, or a seasonal installation.
- Activations must follow all current public health orders and protocols. The City has some guidelines you can view here.
- Ongoing or previous activations within Downtown New West do not qualify.
- You must be prepared to take on all aspects of producing the activation including staffing and funding (with the help of the grant of course).
- Activations must take place before December 15th, 2021.
- You must acquire appropriate insurance naming the Downtown New West BIA and the City of New Westminster as additional insured parties.
- The activations must happen in a public space within Downtown New West as defined by the BIA boundaries:
:: For more information, or to apply: Downtown New Westminster Public Space Activation Program webpage
proudly relaunches our annual placemaking grant program to inspire our community in activating local public spaces!