Life Between Umbrellas – long weekend voting events – UPDATED
Update: A few revised dates are included in this article.
Happy Canada Day long weekend! Here’s hoping you have some great opportunities to celebrate the 152+ years of the country and the thousands of years of cultural history that have taken place on these lands.
There are lots of festivities taking place around the Lower Mainland, much of it happening in our parks, plazas, community centres and other public spaces. Be sure to check your local community facilities to see what’s happening in your ‘hood!
- Daily Hive – 34 Free Canada events happening in Metro Vancouver
- Vancouver Sun – Canada Day: 20 celebrations happening around Metro Vancouver
As part of the weekend fun, we’ll be holding three pop-up People’s Choice voting events on Sunday, June 30. If you haven’t yet had a chance to cast your ballot in the Life Between Umbrellas design competition for rain-friendly public spaces, these will be great opportunities!
The three events take place:
- 10am-12pm, Oppenheimer Park (SE corner, Cordova & Jackson)
- 1-3pm, Oakridge Ctr Transit Plaza (Cambie & W 41st)
- 4-7pm, Kerrisdale (Arbutus Greenway & W 41st Ave)
Stop by and check out the short-listed entries in the Life Between Umbrellas competition and pick your favourites. Your vote will help award prizes and could shape the future of rain-friendly spaces in the city!
Other upcoming events:
- Friday, July 5 – CityLab – 511 West Broadway (at Cambie) – UPDATED
- Sunday, July 7 (12-7pm) – Car Free Commercial Drive, 1000-block laneway
- Thursday, July 18, 7-9pm – FINAL REVEAL – UPDATED
Stay tuned for more details on these and other events. You can also check out the LifeBetweenUmbrellas.ca website for more information, or follow along via social media, using the #LifeBetweenUmbrellas hashtag.