Feature Event: Community + Vision: The Future of Vancouver’s Public Spaces – Wednesday, Sept 20 @ 6:30pm
There’s a great public space event that we’ll be part of this coming week, and we hope that you’ll join in the fun. The Urbanarium Society, in partnership with UBC’s School of Architecture and Landscape Architecture, and the Vancouver Park Board, are hosting a lecture and slide show that asks people to imagine the future of Vancouver’s parks, public space and recreation opportunities.
Imagine Parks and Recreation – What could Vancouver’s parks, public space and recreation opportunities look like in 25 years? How about 100 years?
6:30pm to 8pm: Group Lecture
- Dr Tara Moreau: UBC Botanical Garden
- Jessie Mann: Youth leader
- Aaron Licker: using GIS to investigate cities
- Ildiko G. Kovacs: engaging children in parks planning
- Andrew Pask: Vancouver Public Space Network
- Rena Soutar: First Nations relationship building
- Dylan Rawlyk: Stanley Park Ecological Society
- Emily Seider: Using park spaces as disaster hubs
8pm to 9pm: Mix and Mingle Reception
Check out this great evening of ideas. Tickets are free and can be booked online.
:: To register, or for more information on the event: Urbanarium webpage