TODAY: VPSN “Time & Place” 10-year Anniversary Party and POP (Placemaking) Crawl
A quick reminder about two very exciting – and interconnected – events that the Vancouver Public Space Network is involved in, starting at 5:00pm today.
First up, the POP (Power of Placemaking) Crawl – a self-guided exploration of new and emergent placemaking initiatives in the downtown. Then, at 7pm, join us for our VPSN Time + Place 10-year Anniversary Party at the Pendulum Gallery.
It’s a great day for public space exploration, and a fantastic evening to have a party. We’re looking forward to seeing you!
POP (Power of Placemaking) Crawl (5-8pm)
Join us for Vancouver’s first #POPCrawl – a create your own adventure exploration of Vancouver downtown public space.
This free event will kick off at the #POPCrawl Launch Party from 5PM to 6:30PM at the 800 Block of Robson Street with food trucks, music, surprise activities and more.
Grab a #POPCrawl Passport and venture out to discover downtown Vancouver’s public spaces like you’ve never seen them before. Each site will have something exciting for you to enjoy, as our Community Partners will ensure there is a surprise activation waiting for you!
Can’t make it to the Launch Party? No problem, swing by any of our sites to pick up your #POPCrawl Passport and start your journey there. Most sites will be activated from 5-8PM, some running a bit longer. Refer to the online map for more details for each site.
More information – POP Crawl webpage.
VPSN Time and Place: 10-year Anniversary Party (7-10pm)
Hey everybody, guess what? The Vancouver Public Space Network turns 10 this year!
To mark the occasion we are throwing a kick-ass party in one of downtown Vancouver’s most temporal public spaces. You’re invited! Help us to celebrate a decade of placemaking, public space advocacy and urban shenanigans.
THEME: “Time and Place”
LOCATION: Pendulum Gallery, 885 W Georgia (at Hornby)
To realize the theme of “time and place,” we’ll be transforming the Pendulum Gallery with a series of installations and animation “stations.” What’s on order? Lots!
- Our VPSN memory wall
- A city-history movie theatre
- Music courtesy of VPSN -alum and local celeb DJ Simon
- A city-themed market (featuring awesome local artisans + one international guest!)
- “Design the city” interactive art project
- Large format games
- A fortune teller
- A place of sublime portraiture
- A public square + benchlet prototype
- Food and drink (including a cash bar with local beer + wine)
- Expo 86 “An Unofficial History” display
- and lots of other activities, including some very special guests
The Time + Place Party is being held at the Pendulum Gallery (HSBC Building Lobby) – 885 W Georgia Street. The event is free.
To RSVP – VPSN Time + Place Eventbrite Page
Other Placemaking and Public Space Events
- Northeast False Creek Planning Launch, 5-9pm, Plaza of Nations
- Keys to the Streets – Sunset Serenade, 6-8pm, Spyglass Dock
- Active Fiction – Various locations, Riley Park, now through September 18. The Active Fiction Project creates short, fictional, stories set in a Vancouver neighbourhood that feature you, the reader, as the protagonist. The self-guided stories are ‘hidden’ in public spaces for readers to discover by walking or biking.