2013 Halloween SkyTrain Party
2011 Halloween SkyTrain Party – Photo by Lydi@ Yan
Ladies and gentleman, get your make-up ready. The annual Halloween SkyTrain Party returns for the seventh year on Thursday, October 31, 2013.
Gather your friends, get your scariest and sassiest costumes together, and get ready to jump on the Canada Line for public transit experience like no other. Your job: help us to transform a regular ol’ train ride to Richmond into a bit of ghoulish magic!
The night of transit terror includes:
- On-deck action and a spankingly awesome soundtrack via DJ Rocky Fi$her – Soundcloud | Facebook)
- Snappy decorations, tasty treats
- The best-dressed crew of public space loving ghouls and goblins on the continent
After the event is done, join us as we cross Cordova Street and set up an awesome after-party … just a few steps away.
- Meet at Waterfront Station – Canada Line Platform – Thursday, October 31 at 8:00pm
- WAIT for the signal (so you get on the right train!). We’ll be leaving at approximately 8:15pm
- When we return to Waterfront, follow the VPSN team and join us at the not-so-secret after-party location
SOME THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND:
Please party respectfully so we can make sure this bit of annual Halloween fun continues well into the future! We love our Canada Line and our SkyTrains … and they love us. Keep this in mind as we party it up in public space. This means:
- Don’t forget to buy your ticket. Fare details available on the Translink website.
- Be kind to the nice train that will carry us on our loop. The after party location will require us to exit the train fairly quickly, please remember to pack out whatever you bring with you.
- Please do not crowd the crew or equipment – we need to do a super quick set-up and tear-down
- Please be especially nice to any folks who will be joining us along the way – and invite them to join in the fun!
- And if you se ‘em, remember to say hello and thank you to the kind folks at Translink and the Canada Line who make the public transit system run!
STAY IN TOUCH
Want to help out?! For volunteer opportunities and more information please email: email@example.com
Do you do the twitter? Let us know via our @vpsn account – and the #skytrainparty hashtag.
Upload your photos to Flickr at tag them “skytrainparty”
ABOUT THE DJ
We’re stoked to have DJ Rocky Fi$her join us for the 2013 SkyTrain Party and after-party.
Rocky spins a wide variety of bass music genres: danceable electro, drum and bass, moombacore, drumstep, dubstep, hardstyle & trap. Creating mashups and live remixing, Rocky’s shows weave a tapestry of genres and bring a vibrant energy and soulful mood. Our versatile SkyTrain DJ is a crowd-favourite. Known for her colourful costumes and spirited performances, she puts on a show that delights, entertains and makes you move your feet!